Thursday 13 June 2013

Unit 73, sound reflection

Once I had my finale animation for The united reformed church, shipley wharf and hirst lock I then upload them on to windows live movie maker, individualy, and using the sounds that me, Ali and Zak went out and recorded sound effects from the real world in the early year, I then put these sounds on to movie maker and extract the sounds I needed by each sound file and placed them into the right place I needed them to be in on the video.
I then went back into movie maker put the videos with the real sounds on and added another layer of sounds onto if they were extra sounds that needed to be added on.

My final audio product does meet my expertation, I got all the audio sounds that I expected to hear in the real life enviroments recorded and put on to my final animation.

I managed my time for the recording the effects by picking out a day for recording sound effect, I choose monday 1st period, mainly that was the best time to do it, and during in that time, 1 hour & 30 minutes, I used that time to go out and record sounds that I needed for my 3D enviroments. If I could organise my time better I would try and organise my days to go on an outing to record any more sounds on that I needed instead of rushing it and squeezing it all into one day.

The thing I had most trouble with was trying to record the right sound effects, because I couldn't create these sound effect, from the real world, they were all done by themself like for instance the river, I couldn't control the sounds that a river made, it does it all by itself and since I went out into the public that means that the public was out there making noises that I couldn't control when I was trying to record the sounds that I needed, which made it hard to get good quaility sounds I needed.

The bit I found easy on this was editing the sounds it was easy for me to pick out the sounds I needed/wanted and placed them were they needed to be on the video.

I would say the only thing that is professional about the finale animation is the fact that I added sound to it but the sound itself isn't professional, it isn't clear or pure or HD, the quality isn't good enought to be a professional, the sound itself doesn't sound as good as the real thing.

Other people thought that the sound that I adeed to my finale animation match the enviroment it was suppose to be in but they said that the sound wasn't as quiet as good as the real deal.

If i could improve my sound effects I would look into "foley" and create own my sound effects rather then trying record them in the real world were I have less control over the overall thing and I wouldn't have problems such as, poor quality sounds, interupting sounds and less control over what sounds that I need.

If I was to do things differently I would create my own sounds rather then recording them in the real world, this process would be alot easier and simplier in general.

What I learned that more work goes into a little thing then I thought and it isn't easy getting the sounds I needed and that you will have to make some compromises in order to get what you want.
I learned how to  record sounds using the given equipment given to me, it was a simple matter of record, stop and extract. 



No comments:

Post a Comment